With just a few days of the 2011/12 season left to play in Scotland, and with most teams already off on their holidays, attentions have quickly turned to the transfer market.
The top stories on Wednesday revolve around the transfer activity of Celtic, the availability of the entire Rangers squad for knockdown prices, and the ambition of one Scot to join the growing band in the English Championship.
There's also the small matter of the looming all-Edinburgh Scottish Cup final, as well as a cast around the globe to find a promotion pitch invasion in Germany (before the final whistle) and
Allan McGregor and Steven Naismith can leave Rangers for just £2m and Maurice Edu is available for £300,000. (Daily Record)
Neil Lennon has identified the defender as the player he wants to strengthen his backline and has tabled a bid. (The Herald)
Attempts to contact Fraser Forster's agent have proved difficult, leading to the Glasgow club turning their attentions elsewhere. (The Journal)
A three-man panel will rule on Wednesday evening whether to uphold the club's protest.
Easter Road boss is not happy his team are not considered favourites for the Scottish Cup.
The striker says he has had no talks over possibly extending his stay at Tynecastle.
The First Division club have written to the governing body saying they are monitoring the matter.
Martin Samuel argues the German model of how football should be operated isn't all it is cracked up to be. (Daily Mail)
Joel Ramey assesses whether Borussia Dortmund playmaker could fit in at Old Trafford amid speculation over his future. (Footy Place)
Supporters had to be chased off the pitch as they interrupted play two minutes before the end of the play-off with Hertha Berlin. (Yahoo!)
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: Nicky Law's Rangers talks, Celtic's bold reconstruction plan
- Football Talk: Leicester want Lennon, Hooper for QPR, best of SPL action
- Football Talk: Neil Lennon to Stoke, Neuer's beer stunt, Wigan's cup shock
People who read this story also read
- Livingston threaten legal action against Scottish FA over Rangers situation
- Neil Lennon: Celtic have identified 'a few players' they would like to add
- Scottish FA chief urges Charles Green to explain plans for Rangers
- Rangers await decision from Scottish FA appeal over signing ban
- Football Talk: Celtic exits, Gattuso hopes, Athletic Bilbao's map mix-up