As the country celebrates the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, one football writer feels it is time to give another national treasure some recognition.
In Scotland there are transfer rumours regarding both of Glasgow’s big two, with QPR said to be in the running for Fraser Forster.
Meanwhile in east London, Sam Allardyce is keen to bring Steven Naismith to Upton Park.
And while we wait for Euro 2012 to get underway on Friday, here’s a trailer for FIFA 2013.
West Ham have joined the race for the Rangers and Scotland forward. (Scottish Sun)
The Motherwell winger won’t play against Guatemala or against Antigua and Barbuda. (Daily Record)
Celtic could have a rival for the Newcastle stopper who spent two seasons on loan at Parkhead. (Daily Record)
Matt Spiro talks about his first impressions of the Ukrainian city (UEFA.com)
Shinji Kagawa has left Borussia Dortmund to join Sir Alex Ferguson’s men subject to a work permit (Man Utd official website).
Henry Winter argues the case for the Chelsea defender. (Daily Telegraph)
First look at new FIFA 13 trailer (101greatgoals.com)
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Kilmarnock businesses rally against Johnston, Kinnear's rant
- Transfer Talk: Gary Hooper wants to quit Celtic, Gregg Wylde set for Dons
- Football Talk: Scotland fail to cap Hateley, Killie war, Pirlo's free-kick
- Transfer Talk: Celtic bid for Dutch defender Van Dijk, Lafferty to Italy
- Football Talk: Killie pressure mounts, £7m TV bonanza, Neymar goal
- Football Talk: Berg for Killie, Celtic deny Virgo claims, Luiz's twin
- Transfer Talk: Reading want Gary Hooper, Coyle to spoil Wylde move
People who read this story also read
- Football Talk: SPL vote, Celtic deny Eredivisie talks, Torres ends drought
- Injury-time penalty gives Scotland dramatic victory over Australia
- Football Talk: Norwich want Celtic boss, Hulk at Chelsea, Italian slappers
- Football Talk: Sign me, Barca!, The Butcher Ultimatum, the cliche trap
- Aberdeen manager hopeful of keeping hold of Fraser Fyvie this summer