It’s known as the silly season, but I don’t think anyone was expecting this.
In a tale that’s taken more twists than a Jeffrey Archer novel and been harder to keep up with than an advanced guide to the Higgs Boson, it was inevitable that as soon as we thought there was clarity on “The Rangers Situation”©, it was sadly snatched away.
Rangers won’t have a team in the SPL. But apparently they must play in Division One. Fans are talkin' 'bout a revolution. Buckle up.
Meanwhile, in a distant universe, somewhere between LV-426 from Alien and Omicron Persei 8 from Futurama, football is happening. Actual transfers and stuff.
The SFA chief executive believes that the only “viable” option to put Rangers into the First Division. Many disagree.
The Geordie giant finally makes his move from Newcastle United permanent. Can he force his way into the England set-up?
The ex-Hearts man has held talks with Rangers and wants a move to Ibrox, but a move is dependent on many factors in the ongoing saga.
Dons fans were told they would be excited about this signing. The winger says he was persuaded to move to the north east by new gaffer Craig Brown.
A satirist’s dream comes true as Derek Riordan is handed a “trial” involving a “club”. I think someone made a Benidorm joke too, but it fell kind of flat.
Pat Fenlon’s latest capture could make a big impact in the SPL. Jags fan Craig Walker assesses the midfielder’s chances in the capital.
Tom Hall voices the exasperation of the masses in an eloquent, potentially controversial, blog. (Scottish Football Blog)
They say you should never meet your heroes, but what about if they shatter the illusion before you even got the chance? Alastair Moncrieff considers football without idols. (The Football Project)
Everyone loves a blunder. Why not try adding you own Jeremy Clarkson or Danny Dyer style voice-over to this classic own goal, to make it feel like that magical time of year when football blooper DVDs rule the shelves.
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Kilmarnock businesses rally against Johnston, Kinnear's rant
- Transfer Talk: Gary Hooper wants to quit Celtic, Gregg Wylde set for Dons
- Football Talk: Scotland fail to cap Hateley, Killie war, Pirlo's free-kick
- Transfer Talk: Celtic bid for Dutch defender Van Dijk, Lafferty to Italy
- Football Talk: Killie pressure mounts, £7m TV bonanza, Neymar goal
- Football Talk: Berg for Killie, Celtic deny Virgo claims, Luiz's twin
- Transfer Talk: Reading want Gary Hooper, Coyle to spoil Wylde move
- Football Talk: Ex-Rangers stars find new homes, AVB and Nigel Hasselbaink
- Football Talk: Green's last roll of the dice, Celtic defender set for Spain
People who read this story also read
- Stewart Regan claims newco Rangers must play in the First Division
- SFL president Jim Ballantyne calls on cool heads for newco decision
- Ally McCoist hopeful duo will commit their futures to Rangers newco
- Derek Riordan wins chance to impress in Spain's La Liga
- Ian Black agrees to Rangers move depending on their league status