Football took a rare backseat over the weekend as the nation marvelled at a mullet and a pair of mutton chops.
The extraordinary achievement of Bradley Wiggins at the Tour de France and Ernie Els’ remarkable victory at The Open kept many glued to their television screens on Sunday but now normal service will be resumed.
After another weekend of pre-season friendlies it is all back to the beautiful game.
Beram Kayal is putting his protective boot into Rangers while Ian Black is jumping in two-footed and agreeing to join Ally McCoist’s men should they gain SFA membership.
Football Talk extends a warm welcome to a new website covering the SFL and there’s also some fun Manchester United videos as well as the story of former Celtic defender Willie Corbett.
Celtic midfielder says he's happy he is at a 'clean and healthy club with lots of titles'.
The striker will stay with new club Vancouver Whitecaps rather than travelling for the game.
SFL chief executive David Longmuir said the SPL would be treated like any other bidder.
The former Hearts man is said to be keen to link up with Ally McCoist’s men should they gain SFA membership. (Daily Record)
The Scotland goalkeeper looks likely to commit his future to Besiktas. (Scottish Sun)
Gary Linton looks at which Spanish clubs have done the best pieces of business so far (Alba Espana)
To mark the launch of new site Tell Him He’s Pele, here’s a piece from John A Maxwell on former Ross County boss Willie McStay.
William Corbett was a central defender for Scotland in the 1930's and 40's. Here is the story of how he, and countless other dementia suffers in their old age, have been helped by the Football Memories Project. Tony Jameson-Allen tells the story (Sabotage Times)
Spoof Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson discuss the transfer of Robin van Persie
Ajax Capetown score vs Manchester United
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: Nicky Law's Rangers talks, Celtic's bold reconstruction plan
- Football Talk: Leicester want Lennon, Hooper for QPR, best of SPL action
- Football Talk: Neil Lennon to Stoke, Neuer's beer stunt, Wigan's cup shock
People who read this story also read
- Beram Kayal backs decision for Rangers to start again in the Third Division
- Adam Matthews confident formation conundrum will be solved for Helsinki tie
- Ally McCoist says he 'will never accept' Rangers being stripped of titles
- Offers abroad mean Francisco Sandaza is unlikely to return to Scotland
- David Moyes praises Celtic for 'doing the right thing' with finances