While the world marvels at the Olympics down in London, we here at Football Talk like to downsize things a little bit.
We’re keeping it on the continent as Celtic get ready to face HJK Helsinki in the first leg of their Champions League qualifiers.
There’s more than enough pre-match reading and viewing including a tactical preview and the first edition of the STV Sport Hangout.
Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph is ready to fill his boots in the Euro Zone, targeting a comeback win in Greece to keep the Steelmen’s Champions League adventure going.
Changing names or not has proved a controversial topic in recent weeks. On the day marking a decade since the rebirth of Fiorentina, Snoop Dogg has shocked the world by declaring this dog has had its day and he’s now a reggae-loving Lion.
Darren Randolph feels the Steelmen still have a chance of Champions League progression.
The Celtic midfielder believes other countries have a fitness advantage in Champions League qualifiers.
HJK Helsinki boss Antti Muurinen says his team are up for the fight at Celtic Park (Scottish Sun)
Ally McCoist hopes to make the former Hearts forward the club’s latest summer signing (Daily Record)
TicTacTic looks at the key battles ahead of tonight’s Champions League qualifier
Ten years ago today that Florentia Viola rose from the ashes of Cecchi Gori's Fiorentina (Fiorentina.it, in Italian)
Ahead of the clubs' Champions League clash between Celtic and HJK Helsinki, STV caught up with fans and experts on what to expect from the qualifying tie.
The Scottish Football Association chief exec speaks to Raman Bhardwaj about the Ibrox crisis.
Gylfi Sigurdsson's curling effort in New York
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Griffiths v Bale, Rangers loophole hope, no Götze
- Football Talk: Celtic want Algerian striker, bye Commons, new St Mirren kit
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
People who read this story also read
- Morten Rasmussen leaves Celtic to sign for FC Midtjylland in Denmark
- STV Sport Hangout: Discussing Celtic v HJK Helsinki
- Scottish FA chief executive says Rangers duo agreed to Division One plan
- Joe Ledley: Summer football might be key to Scottish Euro success
- Motherwell goalkeeper believes team could mount a comeback in Greece