After the brief interlude that was the Champions League on Wednesday, Scottish football has returned to talk of off-the-field matters.
Celtic have been served with a Notice of Complaint by the Scottish FA over a controversial banner, Hearts have paid remaining players outstanding salaries and Rangers chief executive has caused controversy with comments about SPL teams returning to Ibrox.
But it isn't all depressing. There's an inspirational video of a one-legged footballer scoring an incredible volley and a lovely own goal that Gary Caldwell would have been proud of. Juan Roman Riquelme is profiled and there's a great piece on Brazilian youth players' names. Rudigullithi, anyone?
The Parkhead club are accused of failing to stop their supporters displaying an offensive banner.
With an SPL discussion of the matter looming, Hearts have settled the outstanding salary payments to eight individuals.
Rangers' chief executive says Motherwell will be welcomed with open arms when they visit Ibrox next week but he will remember those that acted against the club in the SPL vote earlier this year.
Director Imran Ahmad is holding talks with the Texan gridiron team about exploring mutually beneficial opportunities (Daily Record)
McArthur has welcomed the return of the Manchester United midfielder after a lengthy absence.
Manchester United boss expects Scotland captain to return to form after facing Galatasaray (Daily Record).
The former Rangers manager says McCoist can secure promotion to the Second Division (Daily Record).
Noel Makombo, a 16-year old striker has been in prolific form for Alloa Under-19s and is attracting the interest of big clubs. (The Herald)
Rupert Fryer on a remarkable talent and an intriguing individual (In Bed With Maradona)
Jack Lang of Snap Kaka Pop rounds up the pick of the crop (Guardian Sport network)
TWEET OF THE WEEK
One-legged footballer Nico Calabria scores brilliant volley
Young Boys defender Ojala nods in lovely own goal
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Scotland fail to cap Hateley, Killie war, Pirlo's free-kick
- Transfer Talk: Celtic bid for Dutch defender Van Dijk, Lafferty to Italy
- Football Talk: Killie pressure mounts, £7m TV bonanza, Neymar goal
- Football Talk: Berg for Killie, Celtic deny Virgo claims, Luiz's twin
- Transfer Talk: Reading want Gary Hooper, Coyle to spoil Wylde move
- Football Talk: Danny Wilson 'livid', bids for Hearts, Messi's tax problems
- Transfer Talk: Balde deal done, Hearts team for sale, Ireland move?
- Hibernian hit back at Kenny Shiels over Killie boss' penalty remarks
- Thomas Rogne: Celtic displayed their growing maturity in Benfica draw
People who read this story also read
- Celtic hit with Scottish FA charge for fans' display of 'zombie' banner
- Charles Green claims some SPL clubs 'won't be so welcome' at Ibrox
- SPL Trivia: 150 SPL appearances and names that would make Stan Lee proud
- In full: Notice of complaint against Celtic over 'offensive' banner
- Football Talk: Money woe, Celtic's super scout, Traoré incredible free kick