Scotland boss Craig Levein has named his squad to face USA but could we be playing host to the best in Europe in just eight years time? A bid is being considered to bring the Euros to Scotland (and Wales...and Republic of Ireland)
On the domestic front, Maurice Edu says he wants to remain at Rangers but will he change his mind when Rino Gattuso arrives to provide competition in midfield. Naturally, of course, if the registration embargo is lifted and if a deal to buy Rangers is concluded and if terms with Gattuso are agreed.
On the other side of Glasgow, Celtic are planning a clear-out as they strengthen for next season. Cha Du Ri is expected to be among the departures, which bad news for him but also for those of us who like including crazy adverts in irreverent digest pages
Dundee United's Johnny Russell has been handed a first call-up for the trip to Florida.
Rod Petrie says he will put sporting integrity at the heart of any voting decision.
The national association could look at a joint bid with Wales and Republic of Ireland.
The former Scotland international is being touted as the successor to Alex McLeish, who was sacked on Monday (The Herald)
After competing with the Celtic striker to be top goalscorer this season, Daly has congratulated Hooper for finishing as top gun (Daily Express)
The midfielder has said he has no plans to seek a new club this summer (Sporting Life)
Former Milan star says he is keen to move back to Ibrox (Scottish Sun)
Celtic defender Cha Du Ri is one of many players believed to be on the way out of Parkhead (Scottish Sun)
All the latest news and features as the countdown continues
Some statistical nuggets from the English top flight (FourFourTwo)
Athletic Bilbao fans missed their team’s Europa League final appearance after a map mix-up (Eurosport)
The building site goal celebration
Never mind the freak nature of a fluke 96th minute goal. What is the striker doing?
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: Nicky Law's Rangers talks, Celtic's bold reconstruction plan
- Football Talk: Leicester want Lennon, Hooper for QPR, best of SPL action
- Football Talk: Neil Lennon to Stoke, Neuer's beer stunt, Wigan's cup shock
People who read this story also read
- Football Talk: Maurice Edu can go for £300,000, Celtic bid for defender
- Livingston threaten legal action against Scottish FA over Rangers situation
- Neil Lennon: Celtic have identified 'a few players' they would like to add
- Don't you wish your cleaner was Cha Du-Ri?
- Scottish FA chief urges Charles Green to explain plans for Rangers