STV Boxing have teamed up with Glasgow based SK Boxing Promotions to help you unlock some of the basics and more expert techniques behind the art of boxing.
In this video boxing coach Sam Kynoch explains how parrying a jab can be a quick and effective way to launch a counter attack.
When faced with an on-coming opponent who is working his jab, Sam explains that as a fighter you are faced with a few options.
One option which offers a quick way to turn defence into attack is to parry the jab.
This involved knocking the opponents jab down and then returning a shot to their unguarded head.
For more boxing tips, check the boxing fundamentals with Kenny Ho or for more advanced techniques, look at the advanced boxing tips by Sam Kynoch.
More About STV fight club
- STV fight club: Rolling with the punches
- STV fight club: Solving the southpaw problem
- STV fight club: Taking the fight to the body
- STV fight club: Stay on your toes by slipping the jab
- STV fight club: The basics of working the jab and cross
- STV fight club: Putting combinations together
- STV fight club: Advanced body blocking