Ricky Burns has been approached by Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions and the promoter is keen to sign up the WBO lightweight champion.
Burns split with Frank Warren earlier this week following the collapse of a third consecutive fight. A planned title unification fight with IBF champion Miguel Vazquez on March 16 fell through after the Mexican announced he had suffered a viral infection and would not be fit.
The cancellation left Burns' camp extremely unhappy and his manager accused Warren of being "disrespectful" before ending their partnership.
STV has learned that Burns has had several offers to promote his next fight, with the UK wing of Golden Boy having expressed an interest in adding him to their roster of fighters.
London-based Johnny Eames is also an interested party. The promoter’s Showtime Sports Events is understood to have made an enquiry to Burns’ camp.
When STV contacted Burns’ manager Alex Morrison, he said that he was still mulling over offers and would make a decision shortly.
“We are very happy with our fresh start,” Morrison said. “We are considering options and hope to make an announcement within a week.”
Burns was last in the ring when he successfully defended his title against Kevin Mitchell in September. Since then, planned fights against Liam Walsh, Jose Ocampo and Vazquez have all fallen through at short notice.