Ricky Burns will defend his WBO lightweight belt against Jose Gonzalez in Glasgow in May.
The Coatbridge boxer will put his title on the line against Gonzalez in the Emirates Arena on May 11. Gonzalez is the number one-ranked challenger in WBO's lightweight division and has won all of his 22 professional fights, with only five going the distance.
The fight will be Burns' first since he defeated Kevin Mitchell in September last year, with three proposed fights having fallen through in that time.
Burns has recently left promoter Frank Warren and the Gonzalez fight will be his first under new promoter Eddie Hearns and Matchroom Sport.
At a news conference to announce the fight, Hearn said there had been difficulty in lining up what will be an exciting fight against the WBO mandatory challenger.
"The last five days have been very difficult to get this fight on," Hearn explained. "It was only agreed last night two-and-a-half hours before the deadline [to agree a title defence]."
The promoter added that he had investigated the possibility of a fight with WBD title-holder Adrien Broner or IBF champion Miguel Vazquez, who had been lined up to fight Burns previously.
"We looked at Vazquez and also spoke about Broner but this is a mandatory defence," Hearn said. "There were outside forces at work during this."
Hearn said that he had received an approach from Broner's promoters Golden Boy last week about a possible title unification fight.