France manager Laurent Blanc is praying Yann M’Vila will be able to play some part in their Euro 2012 campaign after coming off during their warm-up game over Serbia.
The Rennes midfielder hurt his ankle during their 2-0 win over Serbia and sat on the bench in tears.
In recent days it has been group rivals England that have had injury concerns to deal with.
But it is feared the 21-year-old could now miss the group opener against Roy Hodgson’s men after leaving the ground on crutches.
He told L’Equipe: “We will let things run their course, and hopefully I’ll be ready for June 11, God willing.
"I’m able to put my foot down on the floor, but I still have to walk with crutches, just in case.
“There is time to heal before the Euros.”
Goals from Franck Ribery and Florent Malouda gave the hosts victory in Reims.
After the match Blanc said: "We played well for 60 minutes, scored good goals and controlled the game,'' he said. "We're on the way up, we're improving. But I still don't think we're ready yet, physically we were a bit tired after 65 minutes.''
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain