Wolfsburg's experienced forward, Ivica Olic, has been ruled out of Euro 2012 after suffering a thigh injury.
The former Bayern Munich striker suffered the injury in the draw with Norway, and will now be replaced by Dnipro's Nikola Kalinic.
The 32-year-old was expected to lead the line for his country, and has already won 77 caps for his country, scoring 15 goals.
Slaven Bilic has instead turned to former Blackburn Rovers forward Nikola Kalinic, who is now playing in the Ukraine.
The 24-year-old scored in the 3-1 win over Estonia in May, but was cut from the final 23-man squad. He will now come into contention for the opening match with Republic of Ireland on June 10.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain