Denmark and Portugal produced a thrilling match in Group B, with the Portuguese emerging victorious.
Portugal drew first blood in the 24th minute when Real Madrid defender Pepe headed in from a corner.
Paulo Bento's team then doubled their lead in the 35th minute when Helder Postiga got ahead of his marker to fire in after a low Nani cross.
But Denmark have been plucky throughout, and refused to admit they were beaten. They reduced the deficit in the 40th minute when Nicklas Bentdner headed in from a clever Michael Krohn-Delhi cross.
After being in command for almost the entirety of the first half, Portugal grew wasteful in the second and Denmark's hard work paid off when Bendtner struck again with 10 minutes to go.
Having achieved parity, Denmark found themselves on the back foot as Portugal, stung into action, camped out on the edge of the box.
A draw would have all but eliminated the Portuguese, and in the 87th minute they had their reward when Silvestre Valera lashed in a stunning shot at the second attempt.
Register here and we will send you our Euro 2012 game alerts one hour before kick off. It's good to get all the action. Online and on TV.
For more Euro 2012 content, including a list of all our live games, match highlights, great analysis and our daily video bulletin, click through to stv.tv/euro2012.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our video preview of the Group B contenders
- European Championship 2012 preview: Denmark
- European Championship 2012 preview: Portugal