It wouldn't be a major tournament without the Netherlands threatening to implode, and their cause wasn't helped by a second defeat at Euro 2012 on Wednesday night.
Nicklas Bendtner tried his best to steal some of the headlines with a unique marketing trick, pulling down his shorts to reveal Paddy Power branded pants.
Elsewhere, the lovely ladies lighting up the tournament are gathering yet more attention and, for those focusing solely on the football, there's an interesting video from behind the scenes at Sweden's training ground.
Highlights as the Dutch suffer their second straight defeat at Euro 2012.
Portugal get their Euro 2012 campaign back on track with a battling win over the Danes.
The Republic of Ireland forward says he can only score goals if he is given opportunities (The Telegraph).
The Poland midfielder apologises to his manager having expressed his displeasure at being substituted during the 1-1 draw with Russia (The Star).
The Portugal forward hits back at chants of "Messi" after a wasteful performance in front of goal against Denmark (The Telegraph).
The Denmark striker showed off advertising for bookies Paddy Power after scoring against Portugal (The Telegraph).
The definitive tactics blog Zonal Marking looks at how Germany extended their winning run at Euro 2012.
Back Page Football does the dirty work of picking out the ladies who have enhanced the competition.
Johan Wiland helps out with target practice during Sweden training
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
People who read this story also read
- Stephen Thompson issues Dundee United statement on newco issue
- Cristiano Ronaldo reacts angrily to 'Lionel Messi' jibes from Danish fans
- Aberdeen supporters convinced that Rangers must go down to Third Division
- Victor Wanyama's agent says player wants move to 'one of the big leagues'
- Dundee United complete signing of former Preston defender Brian McLean