The fallout from the final round of games in Group A rolls over into Sunday, as Poland and Russia contemplate what went wrong.
Greece and the Czech Republic meanwhile are celebrating their unlikely progression to the knockout stages, with Celtic forward Georgios Samaras saying he hoped their victory over Russia was a morale boost for the whole Greek nation.
With three more days of the group stages to go, there's a look at the most disappointing players so far, all the goals from Saturday's action and a straw poll of fans in Kiev on whether Joey Barton should have been in the England squad after all.
Our daily video bulletin on all the latest from Euro 2012, with a look ahead to Group B's final fixtures.
Highlights as Czech Republic stun their hosts to book a place in the quarter finals of Euro 2012.
See the strike from Giorgios Karagounis which carried Greece into the Euro 2012 knockout stages.
Disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the FA for the inappropriate behaviour of their supporters – attempted invasion of the field of play – at their match with Sweden on Friday.
The coach had stood down having failed to take the co-hosts through to the knockout stages (Soccerway).
The skipper blames his association's boss for the co-hosts' early Euro 2012 exit, saying his team were preoccupied with trying to find tickets for family members (Goal)
The Czech Republic coach says lessons learned in their heavy opening defeat to Russia helped them through to the last eight (FIFA.com)
The outgoing Russia coach says his side were "unfortunate" to bow out of the tournament at the group stages (Soccerway)
The Celtic and Greece forward says the squad are delighted to have brought joy to the population of his country (Soccerway)
Bleacher Report picks out those who have failed to impress at this summer's competition.
Omar Momani puts into pictures how closely the Germans are watching the Greeks' success story at Euro 2012 (Goal).
The Greek captain was booked for simulation, meaning he will miss the quarter finals, but appeared to have been hard done by during his side's win over Russia.
talkSPORT goes out on the streets of Kiev to speak to England fans about who they would play up front against Ukraine and asks fans of other nations whether Joey Barton should have been in the squad for Euro 2012.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
People who read this story also read
- SPL considering replacing Rangers with 'Team X' on 2012/13 fixture list
- SPL will replace Rangers with 'Club 12' on 2012/13 fixture list
- Rangers crisis: Charles Green urged to sell club to Smith consortium
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Last throw of the dice for the Netherlands
- Joachim Low should ponder Germany attacking reshuffle for Danish test