Italy came into the European Championships hoping to restore some pride after a series of difficulties in their domestic game.
If that sounds familiar, it should do. Overcoming the odds to progress from a group which they could well have been eliminated from, holding their nerve against England and upsetting the Germans, Italy are one match from glory.
David Schiavone has been following Italy throughout the tournament, and gives us his thoughts on how they will fare in their match against Spain.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
- Three lions tamed as Italy advance to the semi-finals of Euro 2012
- David Schiavone ponders Mario Balotelli and 'spirito Britannico'
- David Schiavone of Forza Italian Football discusses the Azzurri