The waiting is over and the 2012 European Championships kick off in Poland on Friday afternoon.
The host nation face Greece in the opening match before fellow Group A sides Russia and Czech Republic meet at 7.45pm.
We are looking at who is set to impress and where there may be weaknesses in the teams as we complete our countdown to the action.
Also on our Euro 2012 site, we will be going beyond the headlines with our own unique take on events, as well as hearing from our panel of experts from around Europe.
Of course, we will also bring you live action all tournament, with games shown online throughout the month and, if you miss any thing, we will have highlights and goals so you can remain up to date with all the action.
June 8, 5.00pm Poland v Greece BBC
June 8, 7.45pm Russia v Czech Republic STV
- Russia 4-1 Czech Republic: Alan Dzagoev shines in routine victory
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our video preview of the Group A contenders
- European Championship 2012 preview: Czech Republic
- European Championship 2012 preview: Russia
- European Championship 2012 preview: Greece
- European Championship 2012 preview: Poland
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Football Talk: 64-team Champions League plans, Chick Young photobombing
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- Joseph Sexton on Spain's striking dilemma and accusations of boredom
- David Schiavone discusses Pirlo, Prandelli and a prolific striker
- Attempting to solve the problem of 'super' Mario Balotelli
- The case for the defence of the much derided 4-6-0 formation
- Italy well aware they have work to do at Euro 2012 despite final surprise
- Tracing Spain's evolution from untouchable brilliance to boredom
- England's Euro performance shows signs of promise for World Cup 2014
- Germany look to record first-ever competitive win over the Italians