Editorial cuts between replays and the action are a real art form, allowing us to flit between analysis and enjoyment with the minimum of fuss.
However, sometimes they happen in unfortunate places, leaving the easily amused amongst us something to chuckle at.
After giving Thierry Henry a penalty in the match between England and France, referee Markus Merk was the victim of just such a mistimed edit.
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Football Talk: 64-team Champions League plans, Chick Young photobombing
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- Joseph Sexton on Spain's striking dilemma and accusations of boredom
- David Schiavone discusses Pirlo, Prandelli and a prolific striker
- Attempting to solve the problem of 'super' Mario Balotelli
- The case for the defence of the much derided 4-6-0 formation
- Italy well aware they have work to do at Euro 2012 despite final surprise
- Tracing Spain's evolution from untouchable brilliance to boredom
- England's Euro performance shows signs of promise for World Cup 2014
- Germany look to record first-ever competitive win over the Italians