Laurent Blanc has suggested that he could use Olivier Giroud with Karim Benzema to bolster France's attack ahead of the Euro 2012 kick-off.
The French boss has used a 4-2-3-1 formation for most of his tenure, but the form of the Montpellier striker could force him into a rethink.
France were trailing 2-1 to Iceland in their warm-up match on Sunday, but Giroud's introduction caused a late surge from the French and he set up two goals to give Les Blues a 3-2 victory.
Blanc may now opt to field Ligue 1's top scorer with the Real Madrid front-man.
He told La Monde: "It is possible that the two players are compatible with different characteristics. But we must review the entire midfield."
The French coach is also keen to see an improvement from his defence, who he felt lost concentration for the two Icelandic goals.
He continued: "In the first half we defended very poorly. There was a lack of defensive discipline.
On the only two Icelandic attacks they scored two goals. The team is not physically ready. This may explain the defensive shortcomings, especially in the tackle and positioning."
People who read this story also read
- Rangers given more time by SPL to meet requirements to play in top flight
- Euro 2012 friendly roundup: How all the participants fared this week
- Fernando Torres makes the cut as Spain unveil their 23-man Euros squad
- Cesare Prandelli cuts Italian squad down to 25
- Former Rangers director of football believes club have been punished enough
In this section
- Laurent Blanc to step down as manager of France after two years in charge
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: England v Italy plus last night's goals
- French Football Weekly's Andrew Gibney talks Les Bleus ahead of Spain clash
- Spain 2-0 France: Alonso at the double to put Spanish in final four
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Spain v France plus last night's goals
- Spain need pace and presence to retain their Euro crown
- Euro 2012 talk: Football and finance meet as Germany take on Greece
- Wounded France march on to Quarter Final showdown with Spain
- Sweden 2-0 France: Stunning Ibrahimovic strike lays foundations for victory
- Euro 2012 Wrap: Horror film ghost girls, Tetris and Denmark's Roy Race