Ukraine's match with France was postponed for an hour amid torrential rain Donetsk.
The downpour occurred five minutes into play and will not be resumed before 6pm UK time.
UEFA rules dictate that the match must be played to a conclusion, in full, and if the game is abandoned then it will be rescheduled for the following day.
Rule10.08 states: "If a match cannot commence or is abandoned before the end of normal playing time or during any extra time because the field is not fit for play or for other reasons, it must be played or replayed in full the next day.
"If, for reasons beyond control, the match cannot be replayed the next day, the UEFA administration will take a final decision."
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Laurent Blanc to step down as manager of France after two years in charge
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: England v Italy plus last night's goals
- French Football Weekly's Andrew Gibney talks Les Bleus ahead of Spain clash
- Spain 2-0 France: Alonso at the double to put Spanish in final four
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Spain v France plus last night's goals
- Spain need pace and presence to retain their Euro crown
- Euro 2012 talk: Football and finance meet as Germany take on Greece
- Wounded France march on to Quarter Final showdown with Spain
- Sweden 2-0 France: Stunning Ibrahimovic strike lays foundations for victory
- Euro 2012 Wrap: Horror film ghost girls, Tetris and Denmark's Roy Race