Spain and their number nine Fernando Torres posted a statement of intent with a crushing victory over the Republic of Ireland in Gdansk.
Ireland are heading home but the rest of the group is wide open after Italy drew for a second successive game, this time Croatia sharing the spoils with Cesare Prandelli's men.
Keith Downie is joined by Jamie Borthwick to review the action from Group C and look ahead to the next clashes in Poland and Ukraine.
Also on our Euro 2012 site, we go beyond the headlines with our own unique take on events, as well as hearing from our panel of experts from around Europe.
STV Sport will also bring you live action throughout the tournament with games shown online throughout the month and, if you miss anything, we will have highlights and goals so you can remain up to date with all the action.
France v Ukraine (STV) 5pm
England v Sweden (BBC) 7.45pm
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Kuba's screamer, Czechs cash in
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Organised England, Sheva the hero
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Ireland deflated, Spain lack bite
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Holland v Denmark, Germany v Portugal
- STV's favourite goals from the last 25 years at the European Championships
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look ahead to the tournament
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Euro 2012 talk: Blokhin's 'man talk', Trapattoni's plans and John Delaney
- Giovanni Trapattoni aiming to rebuild Ireland under 'another system'
- Ireland must adapt their tactics ahead of World Cup 2014 qualifiers
- Italy 2-0 Rep Ireland: Irish huff and puff but are snuffed out by Balotelli
- The return of the real Fernando Torres prompts Ireland defeat
- Five things that we've learned from Group C
- Italy to rest up to prevent performance dips after letting leads slip
- Euro 2012 Talk: Bilic blames ref, Ireland's lament, a malevolent boot
- Spain 4-0 Rep of Ireland: Irrepressible Spain inspired by Fernando Torres
- Euro 2012 Wrap: The Greek Angus McToot, Davie Pavlyuchenko and Asterix