Italy have opened their Euro 2012 campaign with two draws, against Spain and Croatia.
They'll need to find a victory against Ireland and hope the fates (or the Spanish) don't conspire against them if they are to progress.
We caught up with David Schiavone, editor of Forza Italian Football, to discuss the hopes of the Azzurri.
- Italy 1-1 Croatia: Mario Mandzukic leveller denies Azzurri
- Spain 1-1 Italy: Honours even with Di Natale and Fabregas on target
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
- David Schiavone discusses Pirlo, Prandelli and a prolific striker
- Attempting to solve the problem of 'super' Mario Balotelli
- Italy well aware they have work to do at Euro 2012 despite final surprise
- Germany 1-2 Italy: Mario Balotelli comes of age to send Azzurri to final
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Germany v Italy, Euro 2012 semi-final
- Euro 2012 Talk: Podolski does Europop and have Spain become boring?
- Three lions tamed as Italy advance to the semi-finals of Euro 2012