Bert van Marwijk has named a hugely experienced squad for the Netherlands tilt at Euro 2012.
The Dutch coach has selected 13 of the players which he took to the European Championships in 2008, with only six players having under 10 caps for their country.
The surprise inclusion is that of Heerenveen's 20-year-old Luciano Narsingh and PSV's 18-year-old Jetro Willems, who share just a single cap between them.
Narsingh enjoyed a particularly productive season, contributing 20 assists last season, just two short of Ruud Gullit's 19-year-old record.
Goalkeepers: Maarten Stekelenburg (Roma), Tim Krul (Newcastle), Michel Vorm (Swansea)
Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Malaga), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV)
Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona), Mark van Bommel (PSV), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Stijn Schaars (Sporting), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)
Forwards: Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Luuk de Jong (Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Luciano Narsingh (Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Euro 2012 talk: It’s all double Dutch with infighting and ticker fails
- Portugal 2-1 Netherlands: Ronaldo steals the show as sorry Dutch slump out
- Euro 2012 Talk: Bilic blames ref, Ireland's lament, a malevolent boot
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Germany joy, Dutch despair and Portu-goals
- Netherlands missing defensive stability and the roll of the dice
- Netherlands 1-2 Germany: Gomez double leaves Dutch in trouble
- Die Mannschaft must up their game if they are to beat the Oranje
- Netherlands v Denmark: Dutch need to summon the spirit of ’88
- Netherlands 0-1 Denmark: Michael Krohn-Dehli upsets the odds for Danes
- Netherlands players suffer racist abuse during public training session