Poland coach Franciszek Smuda has named his final 23-man squad for Euro 2012.
There are no major surprises in Smuda’s selection, which includes Pawel Brozek, who had an unsuccessful loan spell at Celtic this season.
Smuda’s squad also includes Robert Lewandowski, Jakub Blaszczykowski and Lukasz Piszczek from Bundesliga winners Borussia Dortmund.
The final squad has been pared down from a 26-man group, with Tomasz Jodlowiec, Michal Kucharczyk and Kamil Glik failing to make the cut.
Poland, co-hosting with Ukraine, kick off the tournament against Greece on June 8 with their subsequent Group A matches coming against Russia on June 12 and Czech Republic on June 16.
Smuda’s team continued their preparations with a 1-0 friendly win over Slovakia and the manager said that he had been hoping to come through the match without any further injuries after Arsenal’s Lukasz Fabianski was forced out of the squad with a shoulder problem.
"I never was so frightened as during yesterday's game, Smuda said. “I never felt like that before in my life.
“I was just thinking please make sure nobody gets injured.
"This is a tragedy for [Fabianski]. He was in good form, we saw that in training."
Poland will continue their build-up with a friendly against Andorra on June 2.
Poland Euro 2012 squad:
Goalkeepers: Grzegorz Sandomierski (Jagiellonia Bialystok), Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal), Przemyslaw Tyton (PSV Eindhoven)
Defenders: Sebastian Boenisch (Werder Bremen), Marcin Kaminski (Lech Poznan), Damien Perquis (Sochaux), Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund), Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht), Jakub Wawrzyniak (Legia Warsaw), Grzegorz Wojtkowiak (Lech Poznan).
Midfielders: Jakub Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Dariusz Dudka (Auxerre), Kamil Grosicki (Sivasspor), Adam Matuszczyk (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Adrian Mierzejewski (Trabzonspor), Rafal Murawski (Lech Poznan), Ludovic Obraniak (Bordeaux), Eugen Polanski (FSV Mainz), Maciej Rybus (Terek Grozny), Rafal Wolski (Legia Warsaw).
Forwards: Pawel Brozek (Celtic), Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund), Artur Sobiech (Hannover 96).
People who read this story also read
- Sweden include Mikael Lustig in 23-man squad for Euro 2012
- Football Talk: Celtic's Mills interest, cartoon Cossacks, Terriers for Laff
- Red card costs Panagiotis Kone his place in Greece’s Euro 2012 squad
- Celtic show off new all-black away kit which features Irish Tricolour
- Fernando Torres defends his place in Spain’s European Championship squad
In this section
- Czech Rep 1-0 Poland: Petr Jiracek the hero as Czechs dispose of Poland
- Euro 2012 Talk: Bilic blames ref, Ireland's lament, a malevolent boot
- Poland have a national icon in the shape of Jakub Blaszczykowski
- Tactical analysis: Contrasting styles on display from Russia and Poland
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Kuba's screamer, Czechs cash in
- Euro 2012 Talk: Dzagoev points bonanza, Kuba's stunner, Kiev quiet
- Poland 1-1 Russia: Dzagoev strikes again but Kuba keeps Poles in position
- Poland v Greece: Home pressures get to the hosts
- Poland 1-1 Greece: Honours even as Giorgos Karagounis misses penalty
- The Eastern European Challenge: Three of the best