Ukraine's match with France was postponed for an hour amid torrential rain Donetsk.
The downpour occurred five minutes into play and will not be resumed before 6pm UK time.
UEFA rules dictate that the match must be played to a conclusion, in full, and if the game is abandoned then it will be rescheduled for the following day.
Rule10.08 states: "If a match cannot commence or is abandoned before the end of normal playing time or during any extra time because the field is not fit for play or for other reasons, it must be played or replayed in full the next day.
"If, for reasons beyond control, the match cannot be replayed the next day, the UEFA administration will take a final decision."
People who read this story also read
In this section
- Ukraine v England: A tactical analysis and look back on key battles
- England 1-0 Ukraine: Goal line controversy as England top Group D
- Video chat with Oleksandr Sereda on Ukraine, Shevchenko and England
- Euro 2012 talk: Blokhin’s moon trip, Bendtner’s pants and crazy commentary
- Oleg Blokhin believes pressure is all on England ahead of Group D decider
- Ukraine 0-2 France: Menez and Cabaye score as Laurent Blanc's side impress
- Andriy Shevchenko rolls back the years to create Ukrainian history
- Euro 2012 Talk: Dzagoev points bonanza, Kuba's stunner, Kiev quiet
- Sweden need to follow 'The way of Zlatan' if they are to bounce back
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Organised England, Sheva the hero