German side Fortuna Dusseldorf have announced the signing of Cha Du-Ri from Celtic.
The newly promoted Bundesliga side said on its official website that the South Korean has joined them from the Glasgow side on a free transfer.
Cha, 31, signed for the Celts in 2010 from Freiburg and made 31 appearances in the hoops.
Although capped 64 times for South Korea, he was born in Frankfurt in the old West Germany and spent all of his career in Germany apart from his two-year spell in the SPL.
Announcing the capture of Cha on their website, Fortuna Dusseldorf’s sporting director Wolf Werner said: “Cha Du-Ri is an experienced international right-sided player.”
Cha told the website: “I am happy to be back in the Bundesliga. Fortuna is a great club with great fans.”
Cha has signed a two-year deal with Fortuna.
People who read this story also read
- Don't you wish your cleaner was Cha Du-Ri?
- Football Talk: Gattuso’s Glasgow return, Villareal coach dies, pundit fail
- Darren O’Dea thanks Peter Lawwell for allowing him to leave Celtic
- SFA disciplinary panel upholds Cha Du Ri dismissal
- Jeroen Tesselaar reaches agreement in principle to join Kilmarnock