Editorial cuts between replays and the action are a real art form, allowing us to flit between analysis and enjoyment with the minimum of fuss.
However, sometimes they happen in unfortunate places, leaving the easily amused amongst us something to chuckle at.
After giving Thierry Henry a penalty in the match between England and France, referee Markus Merk was the victim of just such a mistimed edit.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain