The hopes of a nation have been allowed to rise ever-so-slightly after England qualified top of Group D.
Now Italy stand between them and a semi-final showdown with Germany. STV’s England blogger for Euro 2012, David Preece, joins us to talk penalty shoot-outs, goal-line technology and the psychology of the underdog.
You can follow David on Twitter.
More About Euro 2012
- Where do Sweden go after their poor performance at Euro 2012
- STV Sports Daily at the Euros: Our look back at the Euro 2012 final
- Italy manager urges Mario Balotelli to learn and grow from Euro final loss
- Vicente Del Bosque basks in 'extraordinary' Spain achievement
- Spain 4-0 Italy: Spain's dominance confirmed with rout of Italy
- Cesc Fabregas starts in strikerless Spain formation for Euro 2012 final
- Abate returns to Italy team for Euro 2012 final against Spain
- Roy Hodgson calmly leads the way as England prepare to face Italy
- The result is all that matters for England in showdown with Ukraine
- David Preece discusses Roy Hodgson, Sweden and England's goalkeepers
- Euro 2012 on STV: Your guide to our experts network at the Championships
People who read this story also read
- In full: Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker statements on leaving Rangers
- SPL clubs react to news that Rangers will be liquidated
- Ally McCoist hits out at players for turning down move to newco Rangers
- Motherwell board says loss of Rangers could put Well into administration
- SFA, SPL and SFL confirm talks have taken place over league restructure