The drums are being polished and oiled, the finishing licks of acrylic paint added to the classic two-stick banners and new lyrics added to, adapted and rehearsed.
The rather noisy East Stand Ultras of Fir Park have been causing a din all the way across the Athens.
Panathinaikos’ Jean-Alain Boumsong told the press in an airport car park that he expected a red-hot atmosphere on Tuesday night, before miscontrolling a pass, losing the man he was marking and lofting an own goal past his goalkeeper.
Kris Commons smashed home a sensational goal against Inter Milan, then fell over and hurt himself.
If he’s not careful then Neil Lennon will replace him by making a sensational swoop for a Permiership star after he jets in for crunch talks following a “come and get me” plea.
We also salute the magnificent Sheva, who has retired from football, have a look at the hottest young guns emerging from Spain and learn about when Raith Rovers ruled Europe.
There’s also a disturbing and hilarious video illustrating the ongoing mental descent of Hamilton Academicals and Queen of the South goalscoring legend* Leon Knight.
*Warning: may not be accurate
The man who lit up the SPL with a few months of bewildering defending is living in fear of the Fir Park cauldron.
Rangers returned to action after a summer of politics, wrangling and more drama than you could cram into a Mexican soap opera. They won too, courtesy of Lee McCulloch in extra time.
Fresh from a spell down under, John Sutton is back at Hearts to discover every other striker has left.
The boss hopes Anthony Stokes and Kris Commons will be fit for their midweek Champions League qualifier with HJK Helsinki.
The 24-year-old could be heading north to join the Champions League participants.
He isn't wanted by Craig Levein, but the former Hibernian man is again in demand in the English Premier League.
In praise of Andriy Shevchenko (Unibet)
The Young Guns of La Liga 2012/13 (AlbaEspana)
Raith Rovers – Kings of Europe (In Bed with Maradona)
Soccer prodigy Neymar is at home in native Brazil (New York Times)
The unlikely feud continues as the Scotland international provokes the ire of the Spurs winger.
Leon Knight commentates on his own goals in front of his TV. It doesn't sound spectacular, but it is.
Kris Commons scores a peach as Celtic draw with Inter Milan
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: Nicky Law's Rangers talks, Celtic's bold reconstruction plan
- Football Talk: Leicester want Lennon, Hooper for QPR, best of SPL action
- Football Talk: Neil Lennon to Stoke, Neuer's beer stunt, Wigan's cup shock
People who read this story also read
- Neil Doncaster and Peter Lawwell in London as SPL TV deal talks continue
- Celtic boss confident duo will overcome knocks to be fit to face Helsinki
- Panathinaikos star Jean-Alain Boumsong wary of Motherwell's home advantage
- Wesley Sneijder discusses Celtic, Champions League and Serie A
- Rhys McCabe completes switch to Sheffield Wednesday after Rangers exit