Hibernian have completed the loan signing of Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern.
McGivern, who can play at left back or centre half, arrives on a loan deal until January.
He has made one top team appearance at Manchester City, against Sunderland in November last year.
The 22-year-old Northern Ireland internationalist has had a number of loan moves in the past, including spells at Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Bristol City.
Speaking to the official Hibs website, McGivern said: “I’m just really excited about playing for Hibernian and helping the team to do well in the SPL.
“Hibs have enjoyed a decent start to the SPL season so far. I’m looking forward to be able to help to build on that start.”
Earlier on Friday, Hibs confirmed that defender David Stephens has left to join Barnet in Englan’s League Two.
More About Deadline Day
- Revealed: The European league which gives the best value for transfer money
- Scottish transfer deadline day: Every confirmed move as it happened
- Winger David Templeton completes move from Hearts to Rangers
- Hearts' Ryan McGowan rejects Rangers move to stay at Tynecastle
- Celtic land Slovakian goalkeeper Lubos Kamenar on season-long loan
- Hibernian capture Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on four month loan
- Celtic sign Venezuelan forward Nicolas 'Miku' Fedor from Getafe on loan