Teemu Pukki has completed his move to Celtic from German Bundesliga side Schalke 04, signing a four-year contract.
The Finland international forward is the second player recruited by Neil Lennon this week, joining Israeli midfielder Nir Biton, who signed on Friday.
Despite playing in the UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds for Schalke 04, Pukki is eligible to play for Celtic in the group stage of the competition.
Pukki started his career with FC KooTeePee before moving to Sevilla in 2008, making two appearances for the top team before returning to his native Finland with HJK Helsinki.
After 13 goals in 29 domestic appearances across two seasons, as well as five in six European matches, a move to Germany with Schalke 04 followed in 2011 in a £1.3m switch.
Pukki struggled for playing time in the Bundesliga, starting just seven of his 36 appearances for the club over two seasons, scoring on eight occasions.
He featured more regularly in the Champions League last season with Schalke, starting three of his five games without finding the net.
At international level, Pukki has scored six goals in 24 appearances and was on target in a World Cup qualifier with Spain in March.
More About Latest transfer news
- Continuity can be key to Inverness CT success says Graeme Shinnie
- Dundee United knock back fresh offer from Hull for Andy Robertson
- Partick Thistle sign ex-Gretna midfielder Abdul Osman after trial
- Ronny Deila stresses importance of keeping Fraser Forster at Celtic
- Celtic reject offer from Southampton for goalkeeper Fraser Forster
- Celtic manager prepared to wait to find 'right' summer signings
- Aberdeen sign Brighton winger Jeffrey Monakana on six-month loan
- Celtic announce signing of Israeli midfielder Nir Biton on four-year deal
- Celtic agree fee with Schalke 04 for Finnish forward Teemu Pukki
People who read this story also read
- Celtic in talks with Manchester United over Alexander Buttner loan
- Transfer Talk: Watt to Belgium, hands off Forster and Draxler to Arsenal
- Live updates: Scottish summer transfer deadline day as it happens
- Celtic signing Teemu Pukki is ready to work for his first team place
- Talking Point: Why is the Scottish transfer window closed before England?