The Scottish football landscape is full of statements that are sure to get people talking.
Firstly on the back of their victory in Sunday’s Glasgow derby win, Kyle Lafferty has claimed Rangers are the best team in Scotland.
Despite trailing rivals Celtic by 18 points in the league table, the Northern Ireland international feels his side “have best young players and the best old players.”
Another one to get tongue’s wagging is Thomas Rogne’s assertion that Cha Du Ri’s challenge on Lee Wallace wasn’t a foul, never mind a red card.
And finally ahead of tonight’s SPL game with St Johstone, Inverness CT boss Terry Butcher has labelled his top scorer Gregory Tade “phenomenal” after he hit in ninth league goal of the campaign at the weekend.
The Northern Ireland forward believes his team are better than rivals Celtic when they reach their potential.
The Norwegian feels Calum Murray shouldn't have sent off his team-mate during Sunday’s Glasgow derby.
Inverness CT boss praises the contribution of his top goalscorer.
The Slovakian striker has been told he needs ‘career-saving’ surgery after a training accident last week. (Daily Record)
The on-loan midfielder says he would consider returning to McDiarmid Park next term. (Daily Record)
Rob Smyth explains the reasons the Swansea midfielder has been handed the 'Xavi-lite' tage. (Life's a Pitch)
Sid Lowe revisits the 1994 Champions League clash between AC Milan and Barcelona. (The Guardian)
Robert McCracken celebrates Kilmarnock's Garry Hay for Lovely Left Foot
The Manchester City striker was on hand to congratulate new caretaker coach, Andrea Stramaccioni, who replaced Claudio Ranieri at the Italian giants. (The Guardian)
David Vaughan scores a shocking own goal for Sunderland against Everton (Behind the Goals)
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Celtic want Algerian striker, bye Commons, new St Mirren kit
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way