Dumbarton made it through to the First Division play-off final after a goalless draw at Arbroath gave them a 2-1 aggregate win.
They were indebted to goalkeeper Stephen Grindley for preserving their first-leg lead and securing a promotion showdown with Airdrie.
Grindley pulled off a fine save to tip a curling 25-yard free-kick from Gavin Swankie around a post eight minutes into the second half.
And moments later he surpassed that with another superb stop to keep out Steven Doris' close-range header from Swankie's corner.
Swankie and Stuart Malcolm both fired wide as Arbroath laid siege to the Dumbarton goal, but they could not level the tie and face another season in Division Two.
Mark Gilhaney almost got on target for the visitors late on but Darren Hill tipped his shot over.
People who read this story also read
- SFL confirm dates for Division One and Division Two playoffs
- Ayr United 1-3 Airdrie Utd: Airdrie triumph as nine-man Ayr taste drop
- Dumbarton set sights on ending their exile from Scotland’s second tier
- Albion Rovers 2-0 Elgin City: Chaplain answers Albion Rovers' prayers
- Queen's Park 0-2 Stranraer: Keith Knox's side book spot in the final