August may traditionally be the silly season in politics, but in the world of football it usually begins as soon as the final whistle is blown.
However like a fat kid in the vicinity of cake, some just can’t wait.
While each team has one last league fixture to play, most of the talk surrounds plans for next season.
The only exceptions are Hearts and Hibs who have the small matter of an all-Edinburgh Scottish Cup final to keep them distracted.
While many will have forgotten about Scotland’s post-season friendly against the USA in Florida, Stephen Dobbie and Jamie Langfield have batted their eyelids in Craig Levein’s direction in the hope of a trip to Disneyland.
We’re a fan of Schadenfreude and it is safe to say John Terry is not a popular man at Football Talk Towers.
If your tastes are similar then you’ll enjoy today’s must watch.
An approach was made for two from Gavin Gunning, Gary Mackay-Steven and Johnny Russell.
The Pars boss will find out how much money he has to plan for a return to the SPL.
The Polish striker says he wasn't given enough opportunities to show his talent. (Daily Record)
The Hibernian manager will change his team for their final league game with the Scottish Cup final in mind.
The goalkeeper believes he can still do a job for club and country.
Manchester City fan John Millington claims responsibility for his team’s turnaround in fortunes (Manchester Evening News).
With the League One play-offs starting tonight, Tom Mordey looks at Karl Robinson’s work in charge of MK Dons (Lovely Left Foot)
The Merseyside club unveil their new shirt for next season (Liverpool FC official website)
In Bed with Maradona produce a picture gallery celebrating one of the most famous fixtures in European football
The Chelsea captain is given a torrid time at Anfield
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
- Football Talk: Nicky Law's Rangers talks, Celtic's bold reconstruction plan
- Football Talk: Leicester want Lennon, Hooper for QPR, best of SPL action
- Football Talk: Neil Lennon to Stoke, Neuer's beer stunt, Wigan's cup shock
People who read this story also read
- Dundee United receive tentative offers from England for young stars
- SPL Trivia: Winners of both Player and Young player of the month awards
- Aberdeen v St Mirren squad news: Kari Arnason aiming for new deal
- Battle for the worst SPL disciplinary record goes to the final day
- Sir Alex Ferguson calls on QPR to 'do an Aberdeen' against Man City