Celtic coach Johan Mjallby has revealed that Scott Brown and James Forrest have been declared fit to travel to Finland and may face HJK Helsinki on Wednesday night.
Both Scotland internationals missed the opening SPL match of the season against Aberdeen on Saturday. Brown was sidelined with a hip injury while a groin problem ruled Forrest out.
Mjallby, who said that Georgios Samaras was fully fit after needing stiches on a facial injury, said only one player had failed ot make the trip.
“Everyone is travelling except for Mo Bangura who has a thigh strain,” he revealed. “Otherwise it’s good news.
“We have to assess a few of the boys after training tonight but right now at least we seem to have a full squad.
“[Scott Brown and James Forrest] missed out on the game at the weekend but we are delighted to have them with us now. The physios and doctors will do their best to make them available for selection.“
The Celtic coach said that he had no real concerns over HJK’s synthetic surface, revealing that the players had been preparing for an artifical pitch.
“We had a quick session yesterday on the astroturf we have up at our Lennoxtown training ground,” he said. “We couldn’t really train them hard because for most of the guys it was two games after the game.
“It was more just a training session for them to get a feel of the surface. I think for most young guys nowadays you are used to astroturf, it’s not like when I played.
“I don’t think it’s going to be too much of a factor anyway. Obviously Helsinki will be more used to it but we still think we’re going to be able to get a result over there.”
- Celtic boss pleased with opening day victory ahead of Euro second leg
- Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen: Mistake from Jamie Langfield hands Celtic victory
People who read this story also read
- Celtic are better when they go on the attack, says Johan Mjallby
- Francisco Sandaza puts pen to paper on contract with Rangers
- Football Talk: Set sail for Europe, McLeish the back-street brawler
- Rangers offer Francisco Sandaza £1m to sign up for Division Three
- Alex McLeish: 'You'll have a fight on your hands taking my medals away'