Joe Ledley hopes his recent performances will earn him a starting place in Turin as Celtic look to overturn a 3-0 scoreline against Juventus.
The Welshman was not named in the starting line-up for the first leg in the Champions League last-16 clash, but scored against St Mirren in the Scottish Cup quarter-final.
Celtic will need some inspiration to topple the Italian giants, and the stand-in skipper is looking to lead by example on Wednesday night.
Ledley said: "Hopefully I will be starting on Wednesday and we look forward to it.
"It is a fantastic arena and a fantastic team to play against and you just never know in football, anything can happen.
"The first half is going to be key and if we get 1-0 up then you never know.
"We know it is going to be difficult because they have been brilliant this season, we just need to, hopefully, get a good start."
Ledley is back on form after scoring in the Scottish Cup quarter-final, adding to his double against Dundee last week.
Now the Wales international is hopeful of signing a new contract.
He said: "There is no progress at the moment (on contract talks) but it is a fantastic club, I am enjoying playing here in front of fantastic fans and hopefully I can extend my stay.
"But for the moment I just want to concentrate on football. We will get this season over and done with and hopefully we will sort something out.
"I am just glad to be back playing. I was unlucky at the start of the season through injury but my groin is not affecting me at the moment."
More About Celtic v Juventus
- Peter Lawwell concedes Celtic boss Neil Lennon will be a man in demand
- Celtic fans' pictures and videos from Turin as they bow out of Europe
- What the Italian papers say: Celtic fans party and make friends in Turin
- Celtic defender Efe Ambrose disciplined after missing bus to training
- Celtic manager Neil Lennon has no complaints after Juventus loss
- Georgios Samaras says Euro campaign has been a great learning experience
- Juventus 2-0 Celtic: Celtic's Champions League adventure ends in defeat