Airdrie winger Willie McLaren is suspended as Ayr come to New Broomfield for the first leg of the Scottish First Division semi-finals.
The Diamonds will also be without the attacking threat of injured duo Graeme Owens and Phil Johnston.
Top scorer Ryan Donnelly returns from a two-game ban and full-back Jamie Bain is available after his own suspension, with experienced pair Paul Lovering and Derek Holmes both hoping to feature after knocks.
Ayr have goalkeeper Kevin Cuthbert back from injury.
Cuthbert missed out against Falkirk on Saturday but will be fit to turn out for the Honest Men as they meet the Diamonds for a second time in three years on play-off duty.
John Robertson, Adam Dodd and Michael McGowan all sit out due to knocks and manager Brian Reid's options could be reduced further with Martyn Campbell and Gareth Wardlaw's participation in doubt.
People who read this story also read
- Jimmy Boyle says Airdrie United will go out to attack Ayr in the play-offs
- Dumbarton v Arbroath squad news: Sons to fight on without Ryan Finnie
- Elgin City v Albion Rovers squad news: Barry Wilson waylaid for City
- Elgin City manager full of anticipation ahead of play-off first leg
- Neil Doncaster wants clarity for other SPL clubs on Rangers situation