Ayr have signed goalkeeper Darren Martin and experienced striker David Winters and they are included in manager Mark Roberts' squad for the visit of Clyde in the Scottish Communities League Cup first round.
There is no place for full-back Jonathan Tiffoney, who played last week as a trialist, but the creative Michael McGowan could play after agreeing a new deal following a knee injury.
The Honest Men lost 3-1 to East Stirlingshire last weekend and Roberts is looking for a positive response.
He said: "We go into this game with a bit of apprehension following our defeat to East Stirling but I am looking for us to get it right this time.
"Hopefully the players realise they cannot take any game for granted."
Clyde welcome back John Neil to their midfield after an ankle knock.
John Kane and Daniel Fitzpatrick are absent through knocks as Bully Wee boss Jim Duffy looks for his side to build on an encouraging display against Partick Thistle last Saturday in this Scottish Communities League Cup first-round tie.
Duffy said: "We lost 1-0 but the players worked incredibly hard. We will need that same approach again against an Ayr side that, although lost last weekend, had an excellent pre-season run of results.
"It is also the first competitive home game their new manager Mark Roberts has had so we know we have to match their ambition to put on a show to mark it."
People who read this story also read
- East Stirlingshire v Morton team news and preview: McWilliams set for debut
- Mark Roberts delighted to be given chance as manager at Ayr United
- Falkirk v Elgin City team news and preview: Blair Alston fit for cup clash
- Kilmarnock v Dundee squad news and preview: Shiels asks for patience
- Hearts v St Johnstone squad news and preview: Templeton searching for form