Rosenborg have confirmed Celtic’s interest in teenage midfielder Markus Henriksen and have said that they expect the player to leave Norway this summer.
The highly-rated 19-year-old, who already has six international caps, is a signing target for several clubs including West Ham, Anderlecht and Hannover.
Celtic are also in the mix and Rosenborg managing director Hroar Stgernen told STV that there was definite interest from the Glasgow club.
"We are aware of Celtic's interest in Markus,” Stgernen said.
“They had a scout watching him against Stabaek earlier this month and I think they have also watched him earlier this season.
“There is also interest from clubs in Germany and France.
“We haven't received an offer for him. Would we expect one in the summer? Yes.''
Henriksen has been capped by Norway at international level has made over 60 appearances for Rosenborg since making his debut in 2009.
The midfielder was on the verge of joining Brugges during the January transfer window but had a last-minute change of heart, though he has said that he is ready to move abroad this year.
People who read this story also read
- Neil Lennon reveals deal struck to leave James Forrest out of Team GB
- Paddy McCourt remains hopeful he still has a future at Celtic Park
- St Johnstone chairman says no to Rangers ‘newco’ without sanctions
- Moneybaw: The alternative SPL team of the year picked through statistics
- Neil Lennon opens contract talks with agent over new deal for Gary Hooper