Efrain Juarez has left Celtic to join Club America in the Mexican championship.
The 24-year-old came to the SPL in 2010 after impressing at the World Cup in South Africa, but quickly fell out of favour.
The Mexican international spent last season on loan at Zaragoza, where he was reunited with former international coach Javier Aguirre.
A statement on the Club America website said: "The club is aiming to arm themselves in the best way possible for the 2012 Apertura and we welcome the arrival of our third signing, Efrain Juarez from Celtic.
Juarez has 39 caps for his country, scoring a single goal during a 5-0 defeat of El Salvador in 2011.
People who read this story also read
- Football Talk: Rangers ace for West Ham, Ashley Cole national treasure
- Football Talk: SPL vote, Celtic deny Eredivisie talks, Torres ends drought
- Darren O’Dea thanks Peter Lawwell for allowing him to leave Celtic
- Mexican side Club America look to hand Efrain Juarez a way out of Celtic
- Football Talk: Norwich want Celtic boss, Hulk at Chelsea, Italian slappers