Scottish football's pivotal week kicks off on Tuesday as talks continue over the chances of newco Rangers finding a league to play in.
Charles Green has made a last-ditch effort to convince SPL chairmen to vote "yes" at Wednesday's share transfer ballot, despite seven clubs having already declared they will vote against.
SFL teams will descend on Hampden to discuss their own proposals to accommodate the team in the First Division, although clubs are queuing up to say they oppose such a move.
In the world outside of Rangers, Hearts appoint their number two to John McGlynn, Real Zaragoza look to Celtic for a defender and Graham Hunter wages war on those who branded Spain's performance at Euro 2012 "boring".
No vote will be taken at the meeting of the 30 members of the league at Hampden on Tuesday.
The businessman has urged club chairmen to reconsider their 'No' vote come Wednesday's meeting.
Former Tynecastle striker becomes number two to new boss in Gorgie
Northern Ireland striker wanted new challenge by signing up with Swiss side FC Sion.
The businessman has hatched a last-ditch plan to keep crisis-torn Rangers in the SPL. (Scottish Sun)
The former Celtic defender is in talks about a shock move to La Liga with Real Zaragoza after four years with the Parkhead club. (Daily Record)
The Motherwell midfielder doesn't rate his side's chances of toppling Celtic at the top of the SPL, despite Rangers' expected absence. (Daily Record)
The former Falkirk striker is set to seal a move to the League One side. (Hounslow Chronicle)
The striker has swapped Hearts for Coventry City, signing a one-year deal at the Ricoh Arena. (Coventry Telegraph)
Graham Hunter lauds Spain's "remarkable" achievement in continuing their domination of world football and debunks the "boring" myth. (Herald)
A brilliant goal you won’t have seen: Dalibor Volas (Sheriff) v Niva
101 Great Goals fill the daily need for a great goal from somewhere in the world, this time obliging with a strike from Moldova.
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Celtic want Algerian striker, bye Commons, new St Mirren kit
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
People who read this story also read
- Craig Gordon turned down three-year deal with SPL champions Celtic
- Raith director: 'We are being bullied and the Scottish game is corrupt'
- Charles Green makes last ditch plea to SPL clubs to accept Rangers newco
- Scottish Football League clubs meet to discuss newco Rangers proposal
- Charles Green: 'Fans should listen to the economics of losing Rangers'