Cha Du-Ri has hit out at the standard of Scottish football, having left Celtic to return to Germany with Fortuna Dusseldorf.
The South Korean full-back spent two seasons in the SPL, playing 42 times for Neil Lennon’s side after signing from SC Freiburg.
Cha struggled to hold down a regular spot for the Hoops but says the experiences of travelling to other top flight grounds were forgettable.
“In Scotland, football is a completely different thing from what it is in Germany,” he is quoted as saying in the Scottish Sun.
“When we played at home or against Rangers, everything was wonderful.
“But when we played away, it was a real shock. The stadia, dressing rooms and dismal atmosphere all shocked me.
“At Celtic, we were expected to win every game — and most of the time we managed it.”
People who read this story also read
- Football Talk: Regan and Doncaster under fire, Gazza wants Rangers return
- Joe Ledley: 'Celtic's Euro experience can land us Champions League spot'
- Don't you wish your cleaner was Cha Du-Ri?
- SFL clubs currently opposed 18-2 to plans for Rangers in the First Division
- Mo Bangura remains convinced he can become 'a big success' with Celtic