And so it rumbles on like the giant boulder in an Indiana Jones movie.
Having been voted into the SFL in the Third Division on Friday, the matter of a Rangers newco playing in the SPL could be discussed at today’s league AGM despite protestations from other clubs.
As the future of the Ibrox side remains up in the air, Celtic defender Emilio Izaguirre has made a decision on future and apparently it doesn’t lie in politics.
The National Party of Honduras had hoped the 26-year-old would stand as a candidate but apparently the party don’t fit in with the full-back position’s on the left (we’re here all week).
But have no fear, there’s plenty of proper football chat with Jonathan Wilson and a double dose of neighbour to get you through those Monday blues.
As the pressure mounts on the SFA chief, the Daily Mail believe he could be forced to quit.
The Scottish Sun say Regan will stay.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted his interest in the Polish defender but the former Werder Bremen won't come on trial. (The Herald)
Lawyers representing players who refused to transfer over to a newco want the governing body to act so they can continue their careers elsewhere.
Top flight sides won't go back on their decision not to allow a Rangers newco to play in the SPL (Scottish Sun)
The Celtic full-back says his future lies in football not politics (El Heraldo, in Spanish)
Blizzard editor Jonathan Wilson talks to Sabotage Times about a back three, and the development of tactics.
It is naive to think we won't see people escaping charges of using 'abusive language' because the context cannot be decided, writes Natasha Henry (The Guardian).
From Neymar to Gastón Ramírez, who are the stars to look out for in the men's football tournament this summer? (The Guardian)
Are you watching Stuart Pearce? David Beckham scores a 35-yard beauty for LA Galaxy (101greatgoals.com)
Neymar produces brilliant Lambreta skill on bystander at Brazil’s pre-Olympics training (globoesporte.com)
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Griffiths v Bale, Rangers loophole hope, no Götze
- Football Talk: Celtic want Algerian striker, bye Commons, new St Mirren kit
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
People who read this story also read
- Charles Green at Hampden as SPL allow Rangers representation at AGM
- Dorin Goian could leave Rangers within 24 hours if SFL3 place stands
- SPL clubs likely to hold further discussions over Rangers newco at AGM
- Sebastian Boenisch in Celtic's sights as Neil Lennon looks to boost defence
- Dundee admitted to the Scottish Premier League for 2012/13 season