We have been struck by many things during the Olympic games, mainly that British athletes are winning in a very non-British way (ie pretty comprehensively).
As fans of Scottish football used to nervy, backs to the walls type victories or numerous hard-luck stories which leave us with no fingernails and in need of several stiff drinks.
It can be good to stick to what you know so thankfully there are still plenty of nerves in Scottish football.
Ally McCoist was nervous ahead of his team’s game with East Fife while Celtic fans will be forgiven for being cautious ahead of their second leg against HJK Helsinki.
Levels of anxiety amongst the Hoops faithful may also be heightened by claims Arsene Wenger could be stuff Ki Sung-Yueng in his large, sleeping-bag style jacket then claim not to have seen anything.
Sweat drips down Steven Pressley’s brow at the thought SPL expansion plans could be put on the back burner while one Liverpool TV presenter may be worried about a meeting with her bosses after being a bit too keen to announce Luis Suarez was staying with the Reds.
Many may have thought that Sports Direct was the direct consequence of signing Kevin Kyle but in fact it refers to reports some time a’reet guy/ Toon Army villain Mike Ashley is in talks to invest in Rangers.
All that and much more in today’s edition of Football Talk.
Not content with Santi Cazorla and Lukas Podoski, Arsene Wenger has been linked with a move for the Celtic ace. (Daily Mail)
Ally McCoist was pleased with the 4-0 win over East Fife at Ibrox.
The Falkirk boss has called on Scottish football chiefs not to sweep league reconstruction under the carpet.
The Hearts defender could win his first cap for his country at Easter Road.
Douglas Barrie talks to Sunday Post journalist Kenny Millar, who has co-written a book which charts 20 years of the phenomenon that is ‘Football Manager’. (The Write Club)
The Hoops must remain focused to progress in the Champions League, writes Graham Ruthven.
Robert McCracken pays tribute to Kilmarnock's James Fowler ahead of his testimonial against Sheffield Wednesday this evening.
Lee Roden explains why the current problems being experienced by Los Boquerones is bad news not just for the club’s fans but for Spanish football. (El Centro Campista)
I said it once and I didn’t get away with it. Liverpool TV are premature in announcing striker Luis Suarez had signed a new contract with the club. (101greatgoals.com)
We love an embarrassing miss at Football Talk towers and so do our friends at 101greatgoals.com. So chuckle along with us as Jeronimo Amione of Atlante in Mexico fails to score against Leones Negros
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: SFA can investigate Rangers, Steve Martin to buy Dundee
- Football Talk: Massone back in for Hearts, Miller to Rangers, Samaras' dare
- Football Talk: SPL final day, Gazza's Ibrox memories, Beckham’s tears
- Football Talk: Hearts’ Craig Whyte, Topping warning, Stoke's pig prank
- Football Talk: Hearts relegation threat, every David Beckham free-kick
- Football Talk: John Terry full-kit hilarity, Paddy McCourt's on his way
- Football Talk: Clubs demand answers on Hearts' finances, Wotte loves Wigan
People who read this story also read
- Take five: Scottish clubs against Finnish opponents in European competition
- Paul Hartley admits plastic pitch helped Alloa to win Divison Three title
- Celtic must be wary of HJK threat if they are to avoid Euro Finnish
- Steven Pressley urges SPL expansion and a league reconstruction plan
- Rangers boss admits to feeling ‘really nervous’ before League Cup win