Tony Watt has been named as the Scottish Premier League’s Young Player of the Month for August.
The Celtic forward made his first start for the club last month, netting two goals in a 4-2 win at Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
Watt, who moved to Parkhead from Airdrie United in January 2011, made a total of four appearances in August and was also part of the side which secured qualification for the Champions League group stages against Helsingborg.
The 18-year-old is the first winner of the award this campaign and first Celtic player to receive it since Victor Wanyama in December 2011.
Watt also scored two goals for Scotland's Under-21 side, converting a penalty against Luxembourg and then netting against Austria.
People who read this story also read
- Football Talk: The case for Levein, Rangers didn't need EBTs, Dzeko magic
- SPL clubs and Rangers receive slice of €100m UEFA Euro 2012 payout
- Five things we learned from Scotland's 1-1 draw at home to Macedonia
- Alastair Johnston: EBT tax scheme use is not the same as financial doping
- Gregory Vignal joins Dundee United on short-term deal until January