After the international break, club football returned with a bang this weekend.
St Johnstone caused the shock of the weekend, beating champions Celtic 2-1 at home thanks to goals from Gregory Tade and Rowan Vine after Kris Commons had fired the Hoops infront.
Motherwell remain top of the table after coming from behind to beat Dundee by the same scoreline at Dens Park.
There was controversy and blunders galore at Easter Road as Hibernian extended their unbeaten league run to five games.
They beat Kilmarnock 2-1 thanks to a disputed penalty from Leigh Griffiths after both goalkeepers had traded errors.
St Mirren beat Hearts 2-0 thanks to a 35-yard wonder strike from Jim Goodwin.
In the weekend’s other match, Ross County remain unbeaten in 40 league matches after drawing 0-0 with Dundee United.
Watch full match highlights here:
- Watch SPL video highlights as St Johnstone stun Celtic in Perth
- SPL video highlights: Motherwell stay top of the pile after beating Dundee
People who read this story also read
- St Johnstone 2-1 Celtic: Rowan Vine's goal gives Saints first SPL victory
- St Mirren 2-0 Hearts: Goodwin leads by example as Paisley men win at home
- Hibernian 2-1 Kilmarnock: Leigh Griffiths' penalty keeps Hibs' run going
- All the action: Scottish Premier and Scottish Football League live updates
- Dundee 1-2 Motherwell: Michael Higdon's double keeps 'Well top of the table