Celtic are pursuing an interest in US forward Juan Agudelo but will not be trying to sign Frank Acheampong.
Both players have spent time training with Celtic in recent weeks, allowing manager Neil Lennon to assess the pair.
Ghanain 19-year-old Acheampong is currently with Thai Premier League side Buriram United but had travelled to Scotland in the hope of impressing on trial.
Agudelo, also 19, is contracted to MLS side Chivas USA and spend time training at Lennoxtown during his club’s off-season. The 16-times capped US international is his country’s youngest ever goalscorer.
Lennon has revealed he will not be taking things further with Acheampong now but said he had been impressed with Agudelo and would be keen to sign him.
“Juan is someone we like,” he said. “We have made tentative approaches but won't be pursuing Frank.
“We would look to pursue [Agudelo] again but don't know where we are in terms of enquiries. A player who impressed us while he was here."
Chivas USA had previously said that they are not interested in selling the forward but Agudelo told STV he would be happy to move to Scotland.
“[It’s] definitely something I thought of as soon as I heard the word Celtic,” he said. “I know the history. It’s basically a religion for many.
“Just to have that there and have the support of the whole city would be lovely. Especially due to the fact they are consistently Champions League. Being in the group stage of the Champions League is huge.
“We’ll see. I’d have to consider a lot of things but definitely, Celtic is a great club."
- Chivas USA tell Celtic: We aren't prepared to sell Juan Agudelo
- Celtic want to sign Juan Agudelo after impressing Neil Lennon in training
- Juan Agudelo on Celtic, living up to the hype and Maurice Edu's advice
- Celtic move appeals to Juan Agudelo after sampling fans' passion
- Could Juan Agudelo provide the solution to Celtic's post-Europe profligacy?
- Celtic training stint for US and Chivas USA striker Juan Agudelo