It's tough at the top but it is even tougher at the bottom.
Dunfermline finally recorded a home SPL win and so the spotlight turned to Hibernian who lost 1-0 to St Mirren.
Meanwhile the Scottish Premier League will vote on a range of new rules designed to ensure financial fair play by its member clubs.
The proposals will be considered at a meeting of all 12 SPL member clubs and could lead to a raft of new rules being introduced at the end of this season.
The FA have caused a stir by announcing their intention to speak to West Brom boss Roy Hodgson about the England manager's job.
Elsewhere the man everyone was talking about after yesterday's Glasgow derby plus why Carles Puyol and Len Goodman will never be friends.
The 12 member clubs will have their say on a raft of new rules, which could be introduced next month.
The midfielder will leave the Tynecastle club at the end of the campaign after being told he won’t be offered a new contract.
Full back pledges to give '110%' in final games to get Arabs third place in SPL (Daily Express)
The winger feels the Pars can avoid relegation (Daily Record)
This gentleman certainly raised eyebrows at Celtic Park yesterday.
Daniel Taylor argues the FA has shown courage in eventually overlooking Harry Redknapp but the decision could come back to haunt the panel (The Guardian).
[Mid-table: A trove of untapped talent]
Tom Pyman believes there are many talented players at mid-table teams being overlooked (Lovely Left Foot)
Carles Puyol breaks up Thiago-Dani Alves dance celebration
The Barcelona defender wasn’t happy with his team-mates’ celebration against Rayo Vallecano (101greatgoals.com)
: http:// http://lovelyleftfoot.com/2012/04/27/mid-table-a-trove-of-untapped-talent/
More About Football Talk
- Football Talk: Celtic linked to Liverpool defender, Henderson to Norway
- Football Talk: Gibraltar are a pub team, Leigh Griffiths loves Frozen
- Football Talk: Rangers loanee ill before move, Bendtner sinks USA
- Football Talk: Larsson blasts Guidetti, Gareth Bale's car attack
- Football Talk: Jeff Stelling is a Dalek, new use for ref's vanishing spray
- Football Talk: Odegaard to Celtic on loan, Ronaldo trash talks Messi
- Football Talk: Jamie Langfield's total eclipse, Happy Birthday Ajax