Third Division pair Annan Athletic and East Stirlingshire were the big winners in the first round of the Ramsdens Cup.
A goal from Graeme Bell at Galabank saw Annan progress past First Division side Livingston.
East Stirlingshire beat Ayr United 3-1 at home ensured Mark Roberts didn’t get off to the perfect start in his first competitive game as boss of the Honest Men.
New Queen of the South boss Allan Johnston fared better on his debut in the dugout. His side beat First Division Dumbarton by a single goal to reach the second round.
Willie McLaren’s late strike was enough to settle the all-First Division clash between Hamilton and Airdrie United while Partick Thistle also had to wait before beating Clyde at Alloa’s Recreation Park.
Brown Ferguson popped up with an 86th minute winner as Stenhousemuir overcame Stranraer and Morton beat Albion Rovers 2-0.
Queen’s Park also progressed after a penalty shoot-out against Berwick Rangers.
Results in full:
Annan 1-0 Livingston
Berwick 2-2 Queen’s Park
Queen’s Park win on penalties
Clyde 0-1 Partick Thistle
East Stirlingshire 3-1 Ayr
Morton 2-0 Albion
Dumbarton 0-1 Queen of the South
Hamilton 0-1 Airdrie Utd
People who read this story also read
- Ramsdens Cup North-East round-up: Pars crash out, 12-goal thriller in Elgin
- Rangers unseeded in Scottish Communities League Cup draw
- John Collins connections net French duo for Livingston
- Celtic boss confident duo will overcome knocks to be fit to face Helsinki
- Football Talk: Celtic's Mills interest, cartoon Cossacks, Terriers for Laff