Dundee United march into the Arena Khimki in Moscow tonight facing an uphill battle to qualify for the Europa League play off.
To preview the match with Dinamo Moscow, poised at 2-2 after the Tannadice leg, ITV sports writer and self-confessed Russophile, James Appell joined STV’s Jamie Borthwick.
James, a Russian football expert, talks to us about Sergei Silkin’s departure and the arrival of Dmitry Khokhlov, the problems at the heart of Dinamo Moscow and where they can be exploited on Thursday night.
We also chat about Gary Mackay-Steven, the less-than-fearsome Arena Khimki atmosphere, and what the Russian public expects from the encounter.
More About Europa League
- Hearts boss wants to make history by turning around Liverpool tie
- Brendan Rodgers hints at full-strength Liverpool team to face Hearts
- Charlie Adam: 'Liverpool controlled the game and deserved to defeat Hearts'
- The lowdown on Levante: Motherwell prepare for La Liga's renaissance men
- Brendan Rodgers defends resting of key players for 'tough' Hearts tie
- Hearts keeper relying on experience if he is thrown in for Euro debut
- Dundee United boss Houston bemoans nightmare start in Moscow
- Gary Mackay-Steven tipped to give defenders 'a torrid time' in Moscow
- Dundee United boss thrilled with Gary Mackay-Steven’s Euro performance
- Dundee United 2-2 Dinamo Moscow: Last gasp equaliser breaks Arab hearts
- Jon Daly says Dundee United must target Europa League group stages